Health club membership terms & conditions
Members of the Picture of Health Club are bound, as conditions of their membership, to comply with the Membership conditions and Rules of Usage as set out below. These have been drawn up with a view to ensuring that the Leisure Club facilities are properly and safely used, and that all members are able to take full advantage of the facilities without interfering with the enjoyment of others. Should you need any guidance on their implications or further clarification on these or membership details, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please carefully read and keep these rules and conditions of membership before you complete and send off your membership form as they are, for legal and insurance purposes, binding.
1. The Picture of Health Club shall be operated as a proprietary club owned by Queensferry Hotels Ltd. (the Owners) and the Leisure Club located at Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel shall be administrated by the management or by such persons as the management shall nominate.
2. A person wishing to become a member of the Leisure Club must complete the official application form which should be submitted to the manager and should be accompanied by two passport photographs and the appropriate fee/fees plus a Direct Debit Instruction fully completed.
3. The Owners or the manager acting on their behalf reserve the right to reject any application for membership without giving any reason for doing so in which case any membership fee will be refunded immediately.
4. The successful applicant will be issued with a membership card which will remain the property of the Owners and upon termination of membership the card will be returned to the Owners. Membership cards must be produced when entering the Leisure Club. Hotel guests may use the Leisure Club on production of their room key/registration card.
5. Membership is not transferable.
6. Membership will be for a period of twelve calendar months from the date of acceptance for membership or for any other period determined by the management to be suitable.
7. The Owners shall determine the amount of the annual subscription and charges, if any, for use of the facilities. These may vary at the Owner’s discretion. A list of charges in force willbe displayed on the notice board in the club or will be made available on request.
8. Membership shall be renewed by timely payments to the Owners of the agreed Direct Debit on or before the expiry date shown on the membership cards. The Owners or managersreserve the right to refuse renewal of membership without reason for the decision. The Owner may terminate the membership of a member of the club if his/her subscription has notbeen paid within fourteen days after his/her subscription is due.
9. Any Member wishing to terminate his/her membership after the initial 12 month period must inform the club management by email or in writing and give 1 months notice before the15th of any month.
10. Membership may be withdrawn at any time without notice at the full discretion of the Owners and in the event of such withdrawal, or in the event of the member wishing to withdraw,refund of the fees shall be at the discretion of the Owners.
11. The number of guests admitted per membership will be limited to two guests per day with no single guest being introduced more than twice per month. This may be varied accordingto the circumstances or at the discretion of management and any changes will be notified to all members. Members will be responsible for their guest’s accounts in the event of anynon-payment.
12. Children under fourteen years will not be admitted to the Leisure Club unless accompanied by an adult member. Youth members (14-17 years) may use the club between 7am and8.30pm, however all facilities except the Bar/Reception area must be vacated by 8pm. Under 5s and Junior Members (5-13 years) are restricted to using the club between the hours9.30am – 7.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am – 7.30pm Saturday and Sunday.
13. The Owners shall be entitled, without prior notice, to vary the times at which the club is open. Individual facilities may be unavailable for any period connected with repair, alteration ormaintenance on the facilities. There shall be no refund of the membership fee for any variation in the facilities available or the times at which they may be used.
14. The Owners shall employ staff to manage the club but supervision of each facility will not be possible at all times. The Owners shall not accept liability for any accident, injury or misadventure. The Owners require all users to ensure that their health and physical condition is such as not to involve risk to him/herself or any other person using the club and reservethe right to require withdrawal from the facility of any person who may be considered to constitute risk.
15. The Owners will not be in any way responsible for any harm which may come to a member or guest as a result of his/her undertaking within the club any activity which is beyond his/her physical capability.
16. The Owners will not be responsible for any loss or damage to property of members or guests, however caused.
17. The member will accept and be bound by the above conditions relating to membership and, in addition, to the rules for the conduct of the club enumerated below.
18. Any dispute or difference which may arise in regard to the interpretation of these membership conditions shall be determined by the Owners whose decision shall be final and bindingon all members.
19. Any member who misuses the club facilities or acts in a way which constitutes a safety hazard or interferes with the enjoyment of the other members will have his/her membershipterminated immediately. If the Owners terminate the membership of an individual enrolled under a joint membership, then the membership of all other persons enrolled under thatmembership will be automatically terminated at the same time.
20. Any member who changes his/her postal address or email address must inform the club management.
21. The Owners and management reserve the right to alter or vary the above conditions of the club or to introduce any new conditions which may be beneficial in helping to achieve thesmooth, harmonious running of the club for the benefit of its members.
22. The Direct Debit Guarantee:
(a) This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that take part in the Direct Debit scheme. The efficiency and security of the scheme is monitored and protected by your own bank or building society.
(b) If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, you will be told of this in advance by Queensferry Hotels Ltd, at least 10 working days in advance of your account being debited.
(c) If an error is made by Queensferry Hotels Ltd, or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
(d) You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your bank or building society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
23. Eligibility for Joint Membership is only available to two people residing at the same address. Parent/Guardian with son/s daughters are not eligible.
24. No credit whilst in the club will be extended to a member.
RULES OF USAGE
A. All guests must be accompanied by a member and must sign the visitor’s book. Members are responsible for the behaviour of their guests and are not allowed to leave their guests in the club if they themselves are no longer staying on the premises.
B. Members are not allowed to use the facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs. No alcohol is to be consumed within the club other than in the designated area.
C. Members can only gain entry to the club by using the membership access card.
D. No part of the club shall be used for gambling or playing games of chance.
E. For health, hygiene and other safety reasons, it is necessary for all members to shower before using the pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi or sunbeds. No running, jumping or divingin the pool area is permitted.
F. To help maintain club standards, a reasonable mode of dress is required and admission may be refused by the management if they deem any member to be improperly dressed.
G. No pets are allowed within club. Exceptions will be made for guide dogs.
H. Members are not allowed to bring their own food or drink into the club.
I. Members must wear apparel designed for exercising. Gym shoes or training shoes must be worn in the gymnasium. For safety reasons, the area of the gymnasium must be kept dry.
Members are, therefore, forbidden from entering it while wearing wet clothes.
J. Smoking or ‘e-cigarette’ vaping is not permitted in the club.
K. Children under 8 years are not permitted to use the sauna, steam room or Jacuzzi.
L. The instructions for the use of the sunbeds must be strictly adhered to by all users. Goggles must be worn. Only special lotions, creams and oils designed for sunbed use may be used.The use of the sunbed/tancab for anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted. You may be asked for proof of age.
M. The steam room and sauna are mixed, therefore members and guests should ensure that swimming costumes are worn.
N. Members are requested not to enter the bar and reception area in swimwear. Members may not take glass or china to poolside.
O. All new members, 14 years and over, will be offered a free fitness check on joining, which we strongly recommend.
P. All lost property found on the premises should be handed in at Reception. Lost property will be disposed of after one month.
Q. Anyone with heart disease, high or low blood pressure or diabetes should first check with their doctor that it is safe to use the club’s facilities.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you and which is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (for which we may make a small charge) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.